Wednesday, March 18, 2009

FIRE!

That is Ella's room on the 2nd floor!

This is what is left of the shed.

Well, we had an eventful Saturday night. Lance, Catherine & Lauren came over to grill out and hang out at our house. After dinner, Catherine gave Ella a bath and then I went upstairs to put her in bed. While we were upstairs getting Ella ready for bed and chatting, we hear Cole crying and Lauren screaming for us to get downstairs quick! I see her holding Cole under one arm and we come running downstairs to find half the Germantown Fire Department in my front yard. I didn't know what on Earth was going on. It turns out that our shed was on fire in the backyard!!! Catherine & I were right by it in Ella's room and were clueless! Our neighbors were grilling out...ON THE GRASS W/ DRY LEAVES... and it started a fire. Our shed backs up to the fence we share with them, which has gasoline in it...you can figure out what happened from there. The flames were as tall as our house! How scary to think I was about to put my baby girl in bed! Cole was a little scared because he couldn't find Daddy. (Daddy stayed in the backyard with the firemen.) They wouldn't let us in the house, so we had to stand on the sidewalk (barefooted) for about 45 minutes. The neighbors said that I provided the entertainment for the night. :-) We were so thankful that the fire didn't reach either house and that everyone from both houses were safe. This could have been so much worse. I thanked God for a loonngg time that night!

No comments: