Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving & Merry Christmas!







We had a Thanksgiving of mixed emotions. It was great to be in Dyersburg and see extended family and friends that I don't get to see often. However, a close family friend of about 20 years passed away on November 30th. She had a stroke a few days before Thanksgiving and finally went home to be with the Lord a week later. She had a terrific life and lived for 90 years! Wednesday we will lay Mrs. Mae to rest. Please pray for my dad at this time. She was like a second mother to him and he is really grieving right now.

On another note, the kids are fired up and ready for Christmas. The tree is up and all the decorations are out. They have been playing every musical thing in the house...seriously how many times can they enjoy listening to Jingle Bell Rock? I genuinely love watching their little faces and them dance around the room. I even joined in yesterday and danced with them for awhile. I think I'm getting too old though. I got my Christmas cards ordered and can't wait to get them mailed off! They are too cute!!! Tomorrow is the last day for the homeschool classes I teach until Jan 13. I'm sad. It may sound crazy, but I love getting to go there once a week and teach them! I bought them some cookies to have a little Christmas party. Cole's Christmas Program is next week so look for pictures of that soon. I hope everyone is getting in the Christmas spirit! I still have a TON of shopping to do for people!

AND THE BEST NEWS OF ALL.........LANCE & CATHERINE ARE EXPECTING A BABY IN LATE JULY. I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT TO SPOIL THIS LITTLE BABY ROTTEN...THEN PASS IT TO UNCLE LANCE WHEN IT POOPS. :-)

1 comment:

The Marion Family blog said...

Hey girl~ How are you? Cole and Ella are so so precious! They are getting so big! I am excited about Lance. That is awesome. Maybe we will get to see you sometime over Christmas. We will be home the whole week of Christmas. Give me a call if yall are home and we can get together. My cell is 601-519-5385. Hope to see ya soon. Your family is too sweet!