Tuesday, September 23, 2008

NEW YORK, NEW YORK












Well, I turned 30 on August 29 and to celebrate Jason and I went to NYC. This was our first trip alone since we went to Maui on our honeymoon in 2002. Just to compare how much we have aged, I put a pic from us in 2002 on here too! Anyway, we had a blast. The [after] pic at the top is of us on top of the Empire State Building. It was a loonngg way down! We were there for 4 days and 3 nights and got to do so much! We did a 3 hour boat tour where we got to go past the Statue of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge, Yankee Stadium and more. We also did the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, FAO Schwartz, Central Park, Little Italy, Chinatown and we stayed in Times Square. I got to see one of my good friends from high school, Rachel, who lives there. She took Jason & I to a neat restaurant and out to a couple of NYC spots. It was so much fun! (pic to the right) Jason & I went to Broadway to see Wicked, which was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen! As part of Jason's birthday, we went to see a Mets game. This is their last year at Shea Stadium so it was great to finally go there! We got Cole the cutest Mets jersey with his name on the back and Ella a matching cheerleader outfit. (That is their Halloween outfits too!) My mom kept the kids while we were gone and it would be an understatement to say that Cole missed us dearly. My mom even found him sleeping in our bed one day during nap time. He told her that he needed to sleep on his mommy's pillow. Ella, as usual, was just as happy as she could be the whole time we were gone. She was happy to have us home though! It was nice to get away, but I was VERY happy to get home and see my babies.

1 comment:

Liz in Memphis said...

This looks like so much fun! I hope all us girls can one day go together!!!!